Re: Cursed Alternators or Victim of Coincidence?

To: flynnr2@btopenworld.com
Subject: Re: Cursed Alternators or Victim of Coincidence?
From: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:26:28 -0400
I don't know how rebuilt parts are on your side of the Atlantic, but
over here, events like this are all too common.  I had a rebuilt
generator fail after about 300 miles, while I was 150 miles from home,
of course.  It was daylight, and I knew the fresh battery had a good
charge before it happened, so I made it home no problems.  I have both a
voltmeter and ammeter, so I would have had ample warning if it was
running low.

>From the stories I've heard, some rebuilders just fix enough to get the
part to work again, and they do give rather short warranties, probably
for just this reason.

So don't worry about the rest of your Tiger.  It's likely something in
the alternator again.

Stu Brennan