Re: Fuel vapour, non tiger

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel vapour, non tiger
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:04:25 -0700
Ahh, he may be a desert rat, but.... :-)

Mayf,

I think we are in a danger of discussing at cross purposes.  Everybody
(nearly) is correct, except all are not discussing the same subject.
 You are correct on your mixture ratio vs efficiency. BUT, many are
talking about maximizing POWER output not EFFICIENCY. (sorry to yell).

They are often at cross purposes.  Maximum power and maximum efficiency
are very different animals, and often go in opposite directions.  Just
as the best gas mileage is NOT from the best performing vehicles that
can pass anything but a gas station.

OK,. that's all I had to say. Let's just make sure we are talking about
the same subject.

Steve

(Hey, you know, for a "really ignorant desert rat" this guy is pretty
smart. Even if his spell checker is broke :-) )

--

Steve Laifman
Editor