RE: Fuel vapour, non tiger

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel vapour, non tiger
From: "Derek White" <derekw@sltnet.lk>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:23:24 +0500
Since you guys are keeping this thread on the list, I will too.

The patents I am researching and will be trying to sell, are to do with
flash vapourising part of the fuel (you can see them or any US patent at
www.uspto.gov, use the name kulasinghe in the search.)  If you know about
this fuel vapour debate, you'll have heard of the Pogue and Covey carbs and
have heard of the fuel vapour systems used by WW2 bombers (to reach Japan)
and tanks in N. Africa.

My questions are why this technology is not being used. It may be due to the
gumming up caused by fuel additives or more likely the high NOX emmissions
from fuel vapour systems (according to one person I heard from.)  You may
have heard stories about 100+ MPG cars or have seen books by McBurney,
Heiderich, Wallace. There are companies like Geet and Raptor who are working
on vapour systems (and a few others I think.) The late Smokey Yunick had a
vapour engine system which he fitted to several cars but even his patents
expired before being sold or put into production.  I think there must be a
catch and I don't believe all the oil company conspiracy theories.

cheers, derek

Derek White
37/2 Buller's Lane
Colombo 7