WIPER CONTROL PROBLEM

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: WIPER CONTROL PROBLEM
From: edstiger <edstiger@snowhill.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:59:39 -0500
SUNBEAMERS

Bill Evans and I drove to the TE/AE United through much rain using the
wipers for hours, in both full speed and intermittent mode. On the way home
the intermittent mode quit working.
  I have tested these unites for many hours on the bench without any
failures, but not in the car for a very long period, until this trip.
  Investigating the failure I have found that by switching the intermittent
circuit in and out often may cause the output transistor to fail due to the
switching transit of the relays. This is easily taken care of by adding
diodes across the relay coils to prevent this from occurring.
  Failure of the intermittent circuit does not affect the other features of
the unit.
IVE HAD NO REPORTED FAILURES from the unites Ive built for Sunbeamers,
but if it can happen to mine it may happen to yours.
If you purchased a unit from me, PLEASE return it to the address below and
I will add the diodes for free and return your unit ASAP.
   Please accept my apology for the inconvenience. Best Regards Ed
Esslinger

Ed Esslinger
1082 Country Club Dr.
Ozark, AL  36360