Non tiger - synthetic oil in a new car.

To: Tiger listserver <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non tiger - synthetic oil in a new car.
From: Derrick Schmidt <dschmidt@hsc.usc.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:19:41 -0700 (PDT)
My Tiger has a new stable mate, an Explorer (replaces a Chevy product).
Now we're all Ford ('91 Taurus SHO rounding out the "collection").

I was planning on using Mobil 1 for oil changes.

I am assuming that the old recommendations of using Dino juice for the
first 10k or so miles to "let the rings seat" is just urban legend since
many cars come equipped with synthetic oil.

I am also assuming that if I use specified grade and change the oil with
Dino juice frequency during the warranty period, I won't "void" the
warranty.

Anybody looked into this recently?  All appropriate disclaimers will apply
to replies.

Maybe this will start a synthetic oil thread ... haven't seen that topic
in quite a while!

Thanks.

Derrick
'66 Mk1A