Re: Shipping Costs

To: Pirouette@uisreno.com
Subject: Re: Shipping Costs
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 18:26:58 EDT
I priced shipping a mountain bike in a box from Chicago
to CA. The price quote from trucking to UPS was more
than the bike was worth.  Finally I called Amtrak.  They
said if it fits in a baggage car and can be moved my hand
they'll take it to the nearest station.  Cost $35.  Of course
my friend had to go to the nearest train station(Reno) and
get it.  But for $35 the price is right.  So I suggest you
call Amtrak.  Note I think Amtrak and Railway Express
are not the same.

Minimal risk of trains being hijacked and driven into buildings.
But I understand that the funsters from the desert are planning
to bomb bridges and tracks.  I can't fathom that.  Any kid
will tell you that he was told not to put pennies on a track
because it could derail the train.  That's was I was told.

Dave Johnson