Re: If its not one thing its another!

To: <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Subject: Re: If its not one thing its another!
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:24:50 -0500
Erich,
I've seen this happen on a couple of Tigers over the years, and on my own
car I also had a problem with short life ot the throw out bearing & pressure
plate fingers from constant contact with the self adjusting clutch. I
resolved both problems by fabricating (sounds so much better that "cobbled
up" dosen't it?) an  adjustable slave cylinder pushrod & added a return
spring at the clutch arm at the bell housing. Now my slave cylinder piston
stays in the bottom of the bore when the clutch is released & the throw out
bearing is pulled slightly away from the pressure plate. I have not had to
replace any clutch parts since I made this modification .

Doug Leithauser

Tonight I put it up on jackstands and discovered that the slave cylinder was