Door Fitment...

Subject: Door Fitment...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 11:50:32 -0800
Boys and girls of all ages...as you know I am building the world's fastest
Sunbeam from a rust bucket  S5 Alpine. And what do rust bucket cars
do...well, the sag. And when they sag, the doors do not fit. It appears that
I need to collapse the hinges on both door to get even a modicum of fit. So
any ideas as to how to do this? The doors are off as I speak...so do I just
heat the hinges and pound the dickens out of them until I get it where it
needs to be? Thoughts?  Oh, and forcing the parts like the hinge attachment
back into shape is no longere an option...hinges it it...

TIA

mayf, the door challenged red necked ignorant desert rat in Pahrump...