Closing thoughts: RE: TACvs Commonsense

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Closing thoughts: RE: TACvs Commonsense
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 21:16:34 -0800
OK, I make get deleted, but I thought I would take a shot at a final say.
Thank you Dr. Mayf for letting me know the "WHY" of your position. I do not
know whom you have encounter about the lack of a TAC sticker on your car and
what they might have said. None of use like having our integrity questioned.
As I said earlier it would sadden me if unjust accusations have been brought
against you.
    You are right, not TAC-ing your car does not make it any less of a
Tiger....... to you. To the skeptical general public, who, if they have any
interest in Tigers, and given the Tiger - Alger history, it does. I think
their skepticism is just on two points. First and foremost is at the point
of sale. Second is that this is a fraternity of Tiger owners.  If there was
a fraud amongst us it effect the whole.
    In a court of law you are allowed witnesses to verify where you were,
when you said you were there. It is an uncomfortable think to be accused of
something you are not. It is however, reassuring to be able to back yourself
with others who will stand behind you. TAC offers you that. Personally I
don't doubt that your car is a real Tiger, but neither am I qualified to say
it is even if I was now looking at it. Were a friend of mine looking to
purchase your car and ask me if it was real I would have to say "I don't
know." It is not my intent to question your integrity, but rather question
my lack of knowledge in the matter. TAC-ing your car meets the skeptic half
way and in the end verifies your integrity. In the end both parties, with a
degree of humbleness, can walk away satisfied. I too will end the matter
here. Regards, Tom Witt