to TAC or not

To: Tiger News Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: to TAC or not
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 13:45:36 -0500
Folks,

I think Theo is  wrong on one count, and I hope he's wrong on the
another.

I'm personally very glad he weighed in on the TAC subject. Thanks for
"staying" IN this one...

As far as someone outside the combination of car owner and TAC people
passing judgment on a car or owner missing a TAC certificate, well,
that's where Dr Melfi can help.

The rumor that TAC MAN comes into you garage in the middle of the night,
winches your garage queen onto a ramp truck, and steals away to the TAC
CAVE to give your Tiger closer scrutiny is just that. The committee
doesn't initiate the inspection, the cars' owner has to. As was
mentioned before, three committee members are involved in each
inspection. The worst conclusion that can result from a inspection is
that the inspectors can't find sufficient evidence that the car under
inspection went down the Jensen assembly line. This doesn't mean in all
cases that the car is not a Tiger.

The 'T' in TAC doesn't stand for tattle. TAC is not a car buyers
service, although individual members might assist newbies looking for a
Tiger in their roles as members of TEAE, CAT, or STOA. In the end, the
car and its owner have to speak for themselves.

As for placing a request for a list of TAC inspection items on your XMAS
wish list, expect coal instead.

RB