What about fraudulent TAC cars?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: What about fraudulent TAC cars?
From: "Stephen Waybright" <gswaybright@txucom.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 13:47:35 -0600
40 years from now, how many previously TAC'ed cars might have been totaled
and saved with an Alpine re-body? How often do you need to repeat the TAC
inspection to insure it is worth the sticker it's printed on? If none, how
can you even count on TAC as proof?

However well intentioned, I personally believe TAC causes more division
within the Tiger community than it's worth, and that in itself hurts the
value and collector appreciation of our cars far more than the very limited
cases of Alger fraud that occur. For evidence, refer to the amount of list
traffic this has generated.

Stephen Waybright