Low rise intake

To: <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Subject: Low rise intake
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 10:21:53 -0500
Theo,
You wrote;
" The earlier 'low-rise'
four-barrel Tiger manifold that is pictured in TBON is quite different, but
have no idea what was actually compared to what, almost forty years ago."
I do not have access to TBON, but I have a manifold on my Tiger that I have
not been able to identify.
Is there a way to identify the early low rise manifold?
Is there a picture available somewhere else?
My manifold is indeed very low, I have room for a 1" plastic spacer under a
Carter AFB with about a 2 1/2" air cleaner on top.
This manifold was on the car when I first saw it in the early 70's.
Thanks,
Doug Leithauser