RE: SPAM FILTER

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SPAM FILTER
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 08:56:27 -0800
Could it be that:

A.   Tigers came with the clear/metal filter, BUT the subsequent Ford
replacement filter is C2RZ-9155-A, an all metal filter? Meaning that these
engines came from an industrial branch of Ford and perhaps the clear/metal
filter was the "commom" filter used under that industrial application. Thus,
the Tigers were shipped with that clear/metal filter. HOWEVER,  when one went
to the a Rootes dealership, Ford dealership, or parts store  the all metal
C2RZ-9155-A was the filter readily available. Could it be Rootes was actually
on the ball in this matter ?
Steve got his information from:

 >>>the authentic Rootes PARTS LIST SUPPLEMENT for the SUNBEAM "260""<<<
and
>>>the "Rootes Pat Number" is 6100034, and a corresponding Ford Part Number is
given as C2RZ-9155-A.<<<

Perhaps the operative words here are "supplement" and "corresponding"
Therefore, Steve's extensive search would bring one result (based on the
filter number) and anyone still posessing their original filter would offer
another.

B.   OR, could it be that Ford used the same number for two filters? The
reasoning being that the all metal design was a direct replacement for the
clear/metal type, the inlet/outlet sizes were the same, the external
dimensions were similar and the filtering capabilities were the same.
Therefore, did Ford to avoid confusion (with a different part number for the
same application) just keep the same part number but offer a different
appearing filter?

No proof of either is offered on my part, only suggesting reasons why a
picture tells one story and an extensive search via a part number tells
another. It would be interesting to know the part number of that "original
from the car" filter that a  someone still  has.

Tom Witt B9470101