heads or tales

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: heads or tales
From: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 01:48:44 -0800
Knees on my prayer rug again, beseeching the grace of List Almighty!
    I never seem to tire of finding new ways to avoid action that might result
in a drivable Tiger before 2010.  Newest quandry is whether to use the 4-bbl
351 heads I've got (over the world's cheapest stroker).  They have have been
magnafluxed and the old valves and springs are in a bag.  Everything to do
beyond that.
    Any number of references occurred on this list in the last year to
"....might as well get some aftermarkets for almost the same price by the time
you're done building them...".  Well, O.K., I'm listening.  I can't afford any
high dollar state of the art pieces, but I've been cruising around on eBay and
there's a lot available.  Not that I always know what I'm looking at, but I'm
learning.
    I did wonder if anyone had any experience that might help??   Is the
(sometimes?) greater height of an aluminum head a fitment problem in the
Tiger's cramped space.  Are there particular heads that either pose or solve
problems??  Thanks!

                     Chris Hill