Re: 260 cylinder heads

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 260 cylinder heads
From: "JRP" <JimParent@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 15:37:14 -0800
Tom,

The information that I have (from the same book you quote; page 29)
indicates that all 260's and all 289's up until 1968 had cylinder head
combustion chamber volumes that were 55cc max and 52cc min.   From 68 and
later they used both those and the larger 64.7cc max / 61.7cc min chamber
volumes.  Stick the valves in and titrate them if you want to be sure.

I'm confused by your intake valves.  I show the 1.67's as used on the 221
cubic inch V-8 and that the 260's and up used1.79's (until the Boss at
2.19).

Is it possible your heads have been worked over?

Jim