Tigers United XXVII: Tigers at Tahoe

To: "tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tigers United XXVII: Tigers at Tahoe
From: "Taylor, Matthew" <MTaylor@EA.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 18:22:15 -0700
This Year We Are Pulling Out all of the Stops!  We had 21 Tigers at our meeting
on Sunday, and we want 100 at Tahoe!

Tigers United is an annual event that you don't want to miss!  It is a time to
see old friends and to make a host of new ones.  It is a time to celebrate the
cars we all know and love so much, and to celebrate those who made the Tiger
possible.  This year it is being held in South Lake Tahoe, California/Nevada,
and it's going to be grrreat!  We have pulled out all of the stops this year,
from a fabulous awards banquet dinner, to an action-packed autocross, and an
adventurous rally! You don't want to miss this event!

We kick-off Tigers United this year with the Autocross on Thursday, June 19th,
2003.  This event will be held at the South Lake Tahoe Airport, the ideal
location for an autocross.  The pavement is smooth and wide open- plenty of
room to design a course that will be enjoyable for everyone.  At noon we will
take a break for lunch, and enjoy a fabulous catered meal.  There will be a
variety of sandwiches {including vegetarian), fruit, salad, cookies, and a
selection of drinks.  After we've refueled, we will be back out on the course
for more action-packed racing!

Friday will feature the quiz and then the rally- the most adventurous of our
Tigers United events.  Tahoe is the perfect place for a rally- the scenic views
and winding roads are absolutely perfect for the Tiger!  Rob and Jennifer
Guerra are our rally masters, and I am certain that they will put on a fun,
adventurous, fantastic event!

Saturday will feature two events: the concourse and the awards banquet.  The
concourse will be held at a scenic park in Meyers, Calif.  The park is just
minutes from South Lake Tahoe, and features beautiful grounds, a lake, and
plenty of room for the cars.  We are providing a fabulous lunch prepared for us
by Ron Willis and company.  Here, we will be feasting on Teriyaki Beef
sandwiches, fruit, chips, and scrumptious cookies.  We will eat, take in the
sun and scenery, and enjoy gazing at those beautiful cars of ours.

The awards banquet will be held later that night at, Top of Wheel, at
Harvey's/Harrah's.  Here, you will dine in style with a majestic view of South
Lake Tahoe.  We will be feasting on the Grand Dinner Buffet, featuring a host
of entries like Roast Leg of Lamb, and Charbroiled Salmon, among others!  We
will also enjoy a presentation by Deborah Phelps on Tigers United through the
years (this may be on a different night), and of course, the presentation of
the awards. This is sure to be a fantastic, fun-filled event!

After hearing all of this, how could one even consider missing this event?
Come on out and have a blast with your Tiger pals!

Registration forms can be found at:  http://www.stoa-tigerclub.com/ in the
Calendar section.