RE: Non Tiger-- Front end alignment

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Non Tiger-- Front end alignment
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 13:50:04 -0400
Mark
        Does the truck also pull to the right when you brake with your hands
off the wheel?    I personally do not like to drive a vehicle that pulls to
either side; if it does I get it fixed.
        My guess is that you need first check all the front end parts for
wear then take it to an alignment shop you trust, someone who knows S10
trucks, and get a 4 wheel alignment, just in case the front and/or rear are
slightly tweaked.   Also, get a very good written description of any
problems and send a copy to previous owner and his dealership son, if you
want.   A print out of the alignment numbers before and after any work is
good to have also.

  Just because they work in the auto business doesn't mean they know
anything about auto mechanics.

        The alignment on my 88 Mustang was well within manufacturing specs
but it wore the edges off the front tires within 10,000 miles.   I changed
the camber to -3/4 deg to stop the wear problem and it corners much better
too.

Ron Fraser