Re: Water pump

To: Carmods@aol.com
Subject: Re: Water pump
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 08:30:24 -0700
The Edelbrock "Hi-Po" aluminum water  pump was designed for the 289
Hi-Po block, and is shorter in length than the others. An advantage. The
hub needs to be pulled off, reversed, then pressed on to the dimensions
given in the Rootes Workshop Manual (also on line on TigersUnited.com
along with the TE/AE alternate distance).  This allows the normally rear
1 inch diameter portion to fit through the large stock Tiger fan, or
modified 6 blade, as well as allowing a deeper set-back.

This is a very high quality aluminum pump, with a price to match.

Make your measurements based on your own engine configuration.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman
Editor