small repair question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: small repair question
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 18:31:29 EDT
There is small (approx 1/4") plastic tube that comes through the firewall
above the brake MC, runs along side the driver side rocker cover and attaches
to a small nipple on the left front side of the engine.  Does this go to the
oil pressure gauge?

Anyway, the tube is broken where it attaches to the engine.  How can I make a
temporary repair?  Is there a common tubing available to make a repair,
hopefully under the hood and not under the dash.  What is the composition of
the tubing?  At this time I know it is hard and brittle, what was it
originally? What will happen if the tube is not attached and the car is run?

Thanks in advance,
Mark L.