Hello, and response to JHMEARS

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Hello, and response to JHMEARS
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 19:32:00 -0400
Dear JHMEARS:

Yes, you purchase it from her direct.  She can be contacted at

Pro-Prep Interiors
209 Nadine Ct.
Incline Village, NV  89451

Her phone is 702 833 2424

She is wonderful to work with, but be patient.  She will return your calls.

The kit I got parroted the original with the following exceptions:
1. It was finished at the back of the parcel shelf.  The original was tucked in
order to provide better hide with the back panel.  Others have said to make
sure you snap the piece back far enough to hide the body between.  With the
finished back end, even with the warning, I found this impossible, but got
close.  I put a piece of the upholstery vinyl in the gap and glued it to the
body, and it looks fine.
2. The kit provides a carpet cover piece over the center hump under the
counsel.  My car's original configuration had soft card stock covering the hump
with vinyl glued on each side.
3. The side runs were much larger than the original.  Keep the originals as a
pattern.
4. Obviously the archaic jute backing was gone and modern padding included
instead.
5. The rear portion of the front center hump cover was about an inch shorter
than the original.
Other cautions.  The kit does not come with snaps.  I had every snap available
from the original kit, but restoration per snap on the carpet portion takes
about 1/2 hour per snap.  The body side of the snaps are likely corroded.  I
was only able to save about 50%, and modern snaps worked in thier place with a
washer.  If you order the counsel kit simultaneously, she sends the correct
amount of vinyl to do the job for both.

There are no instructions with the kit.  I wrote down a very lengthy
step-by-step of what I did if anyone wants it.

Bob Nersesian