RE: Steering Rack Covers

To: "'Dan & Lori Fitzgerald'" <danlorifitz@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Steering Rack Covers
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 10:00:42 -0400
        The plastic wire ties work very well.

        I have only had trouble with one particular batch of plastic ties I
purchased from somewhere.   The ties had a metal piece that gripped and
locked the tie, unfortunately the metal rusted causing loss of the tie.

        Another possibility is the metal clamp bands that are used on cars
today.   They are used on CV joint boots and on steering rack boots.  There
is a specialty took used to clamp and unclamp these bands, but I have used
needle nose pliers with success.

    I have stainless steel screw clamps on my steering rack boots.

Ron Fraser