Re: Ford Distributor Question

To: rfraser@bluefrog.biz
Subject: Re: Ford Distributor Question
From: ssage@socal.rr.com
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 09:50:12 -0700
ron fraser wrote:

>Steve
>       Ford dual point distributor housings came in 2 styles.
>
>Dual point with no vacuum advance opening
>
>Dual point with vacuum advance opening, this housing was a standard
>distributor with an empty vacuum advance module attached.
>
>The dual point base plate is a round disk with no post to attach the vacuum
>advance.
>
>The single point base plate is more triangular shaped.
>
>I have no idea whether you can mount the dual point Pertronix on the single
>point base plate or even drill a new hole to mount it.
>
>You would need both distributors in front of you to tell if you can mix the
>parts.
>
>Any chance Pertronix will let you exchange the dual point module for a
>single point set up?
>
>Ron Fraser

Ron:
I doubt Pertronix would do a free exchange, as my curfrent unit is
working fine, but maybe worth a try. As I have an extra Pertronix module
and plate, I think I'll just take it to some junk yards tomorrow and see
if it would work.

Thanks for the info. on the two types of dual point distributors. I'm
heading out to look at mine right now.

Steve Sage