Sourcing a WR 9 fitting kit for an original Rootes radio

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sourcing a WR 9 fitting kit for an original Rootes radio
From: "William van Zwanenberg" <willvz@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 20:03:25 +0100
This maybe a bit of a long shot, but does anybody know where I might
source an original fitting kit for in this case, an original Rootes AM
radio for mine Series IV Alpine?

Specifically, I looking for a WR 9 (Rootes part number) kit with
integral loudspeaker and grill. It's actual condition is not important
as I will get it repaired if any available are not actually working or
missing components but of course, I'd ideally like one that is in
working order. Having spend a great deal of time and effort to source a
working radio, I now want to install it within my Alpine using an
original Rootes fitting kit - hence this request for help. So far I've
had zero success despite having approached the usual sources and been to
a number of autojumbles here in the UK.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.