Re: Ride Height

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ride Height
From: Packertl3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 10:08:52 EDT
I also measured to the center of the rear shackle bolt. With a tire D of
22.75", distance to the floor was 11.25". Several years ago my car bottomed
frequently with a touring load - two adults, full fuel and luggage. Had the
springs
re-arched but kept the stock leaf count and arrangement. The quality of the
ride increased dramatically when the car no longer rode on the rubber bumpers.
Can't say what was truly "stock". But the 11.25" height should provide enough
travel for almost any use. On the flip side, it will not handle as well as
those lowered and stiffened for competition.
Terry Packer
9470018