Re: Motor mounts

To: ron fraser <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Subject: Re: Motor mounts
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 14:10:00 -0700
Ron:
Interesting site--that coilover rear suspension setup looked pretty wild!

Having lately been fiddling with my motor mounts, it looks to me like
the Total Control setup bolts in the same way to the block, but where we
have a stud at right angles to the engine/ cast iron hanger the Total
Control setup seems to attach to the frame with a bolt that parallels
the frame, which wouldn't work for us.  Rats.  Guess the Hangers and
motor mounts are both Sunbeam specific?

Having seen pictures of Henry Vicioso's car tear a**ing around the
track, I'm guessing that you've got a boatload of torque that you're
trying to keep focussed into the drivetrain rather than going into
flexing the motor mounts, right Henry?  :-)

Sorry I don't have anything useful to offer you.

Best regards to all.

David Sosna