New Tiger Design Contest

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Tiger Design Contest
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 13:52:46 -0700
Tigers,

We've had a lot of "stuff" about BMW and a "retro" Tiger.  Very unlikely.

However, here is your Golden Opportunity to be a specialty car designer.
 If you were given a reasonable budget, and the charge to go produce a
conceptual design for a new Tiger, along the lines of an updated vehicle
(as they tried with the T-bird) to capture the spirit and market of the
original (assuming there IS a market.)  What are your design criteria?

Let's pretend you are Ian Garrad trying to put together a winner he can
get that stodgy, penny pinching Lord Rootes to actually build.

What's your design concept.  KISS  (Keep it simple, stupid), so we are
not overwhelmed with detail.

For instance.

Size, weight, engine source, performance goals, special features, as
many stock components stolen form the rest of your product line (You
pick the manufacturer, and stick within his family - OK to get an
outside engine producer, if you think the market will support it).  Set
a retail price range and keep the product at least break even in it.

OK, your blank sheet of paper.  Tell us.

Oh yes, I got dibs on the new V-16 Cadillac Engine  (9-)

Steve

--

Steve Laifman
Editor