Re: BMW Tiger

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BMW Tiger
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 19:03:22 -0700
It is sort of sad.  There are so many Cobra kit cars that the odds are so
long against seeing a real one that nobody pays attention.

One wed. night I stopped by our local cruise in.  There was a very light
aquamarine cobra parked with the hood up.  The paint was not all that nice.
Definetly a driver kinda car.  People were passing by, some glanced in the
engine compartment at the FE engine there.  The Road Runner next to it was
getting a bigger crowd.  I stopped and was admiring the Cobra and then I
noticed the hood was not fiberglass but metal.  As a matter of fact the
whole body was metal.  I struck up a conversation with the owner.  He was
the original owner and the car had over 200k on it.  That guy is my hero.
The entire time we were chatting nobody did more than glance at the car
until I walked away and said out loud "Its a real one" , then he got
swamped.

Erich