RE: JunkYard Wars - Thrills

To: "'Theo Smit'" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>,
Subject: RE: JunkYard Wars - Thrills
From: "William van Zwanenberg" <willvz@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 23:35:40 +0100
Just to add to this discussion, as a Brit, I can tell you that Cathy
Rogers has now gone on to sell the programme rights to Channel 4 here in
the UK because the BBC in its infinate wisdom decided they didn't like
it enough to fund further programmes. All of which has proven to be a
mistake because it ranks as one of the highest rating shows here in the
UK and has something of a cult following - especially since the co
presenter is Robert Llewellyn  who, for those of you don't know, played
the android Kryten is series I-IV of the now classic spoof sci-fi comedy
series, Red Dwarf which, despite our American cousins not understanding
the humour (do they ever?) did extraordinarily well in the US.

I believe the old series of Scrapheap Challenge is currently being
re-run on the discovery channel in the US so you Americans are
intrigued, see if you can pick it up there.