Re: Tiger Mk III - 2005

To: Pirouette@uisreno.com, SLaifman@socal.rr.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tiger Mk III - 2005
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 07:32:31 EDT
In a message dated 6/8/03 3:54:41 AM, Pirouette@uisreno.com writes:

<< Specs must work!  Oh,
and be able to sell it profitably for whatever $3750 would be in today's
dollars.   >>

Your comment about what $3750 would buy  into today's dollars is interesting.
 If you discount that amount by an average 5% you end up with about $25K.
But discount by a rate more typical of the interest rates over that last 38
years and you have over $100K to design with.  I think this reflects well on
car
manufacuturers to make vast improvements in cars yet keep their cost growth
well below inflation.

The problem with your logic of having to pick a current model has one big
flaw - there is no Rootes nowadays, so we have no car to pick from their line
up
to shoe horn a V8.

Rob