Tiger special order color codes. More controversy.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tiger special order color codes. More controversy.
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:05:30 -0400
Well I seem to have created a little firestorm with the finishing ring issue,
and herewith pose another.  But as always seems the case, someone was able to
come up with a pretty definative answer.  So I'll take another shot.
I'm wondering how (un)common my car might be.  Its a color code 1 MK1a.  That's
black with a red interior.  When I first disclosed its existence to Norm, he
confirmed he was surprised by my spec's and requested pictures.  When the
pictures were forwarded, we spoke, and although surprised, he confirmed the
originality. I then saw a black and red offered in Oregon on the net with the
seller stating "one of only two built".  I called the guy and said I had a
third, and he denied it.  I also saw a blue repaint on e-bay that had a black
engine bay about a half year ago.  In a conversation with the owner, he said it
too was originally color code 1.  The owner of B382000974 in Oklahoma now
writes me and lets me know that his car is a twin to mine.  This color code 1
appears to be about the most common and voluminous "rare" car in existence.
Does anyone know if the four are it.  What about MK1's and MKII's.
Lastly, from what I've seen as I've been following this for a couple of years,
that silver/grey color seems to rarely come up although it results in about the
handsomest Tiger I've ever seen.
Thanx again.
Bob NersesianB382000975