Re: Tiger special order color codes. More controversy.

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger special order color codes. More controversy.
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:17:49 -0500
Bob:

You refer to the color code as "1" on your Mk1A which, of course, is Embassy
Black.  However, that has nothing to do with the color in the interior.  To
the best of my knowledge, the serial plate has no interior color designation
on it whatsoever.  Perhaps someone else on the list could confirm or
disprove that.

I'm also a little surprised that Norm confirmed that your car, being a Mk1A
with the B382 serial number prefix, was original with a red interior.  That
would be an about-face for him as his book states the following on pg. 135:

    "During the production of the B947++++ cars, there were     several
color choices available for interior upholstery,             depending on
the exterior color of the car.  These niceties     were discontinued with
the introduction of the                         B3820+++++ cars and, from
then on, everything was             black."

Believe me, I'm not disputing what you are saying, but all I know is that
now I'm totally confused about the whole issue of Mk1A interior colors.  I'm
from Oklahoma and personally know the owner of B382000974.  He is doing an
extremely nice job of restoring the car but has opted to go with a black
interior.  Up 'til now, I thought he made the only correct choice due to the
above statement in TBON, but now I'm not so sure that there weren't other
color choices.  Hopefully we can get a definitive answer on this.

Thanks for the stimulating topic,
Andy Walker
B382001600LRXFE