Re: Vin tags; the actual law; reply to Bob diehl's question

To: VegasLegal@aol.com
Subject: Re: Vin tags; the actual law; reply to Bob diehl's question
From: stubrennan@attbi.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:16:25 +0000
Suppose you had replacement rivets, and some overzealous DMV folks decided to
question this. I don't think challenging them to prove there WAS fraud would
make them instantly back down.  They might want to confiscate it, then you
could end up in court where your well compensated lawyer has to bring up this
arguement, and then you might win.

Or you could leave your rivets alone and not have this problem.

Other opinions?

Stu