Re: Radiator paint

To: tigers-n <tigers-n@frisurf.no>, Tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator paint
From: Régent Gagnon <regentgagnon@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:35:03 -0400
Jostein,
My shop used plain black enamel and I have absolutely no cooling problems. I
had the radiator recored, put in a new water pump, new hoses, cleaned the
engine and put in a series 5 Alpine cooler (the original cooler was
destroyed in an argument with a manhole cover on a street under construction
in 1974). I also use a repro LAT hood and an air dam/scoop to prevent hot
air from recirculating thru the rad.

There is a lot of heat coming out of the cooling vents. The PO had put in an
Edelbrock Torker intake with a 4 barrel Holley, a hot cam, higher
compression pistons and Cannon headers. The fan is a flexible type that
moves a huge quantity of air at low speeds.

--
Regent Gagnon
B382100371 (Orchid Green)