Redo on the More Riveting Stuff...

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Redo on the More Riveting Stuff...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:23:14 -0700
Botched URL..

Ok, me bucko's. I went and took a few pix of the "original" rivets in my
car. I scaned them and put them into my web site. I used only 96 dpi and jpg
compression so the files are not too awfully large. The other Tiger photo
which showed the MK1a or MKII rivets are certainly different but completely
inline with the ones I removed from the Alpine SV race car (gasp!). DOn't
tell the vin police.... I threw in a couple of extra pix: one of the engine
compartment which is pretty original except for the power brake booster, the
oil dip stick, the chromed coil, and plug wires. Oh and the ballast
resisier. HAs anyone got a replacement for that - the original failed
(finally) and I have a substitute in place now.

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/origriv.jpg
http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/origriv2.jpg
http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/engcomp.jpg
http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/bothcars.jpg

Iffn you want to take a peek at some of the latest pix of the race car here
are some additional pix...
http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/wiring.jpg
This is just an over view of the wiring mess I have made. But this is the
complete set less one battery cable from firewall to starter and a ground
strap. I will soon be doing an end to end checkout with a 9 volt battery to
assure electrons get where they are supposed to be.

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/instpnl2.jpg
This is the backside of the instrument panel and how it is wired. Lots of
Weather Pak connectors so that I can remove the panel and take it into the
shop and fiddle with it if necessary.

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/enghar.jpg
Well, I started with a 89 Mustang EEC IV wiring harness and this is whats
left after removing everything I thought wasn't necessary. Gets pretty
simple after you cut out all the extra baloney.

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/efimanb.jpg
This is the bottom of the Edelbrock Torker II manifold I modified (never
again!) for EFI. I painted thebottom with Glyptol for oil control. Oil wont

stick to it and it runs back into the liftr valley.

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/efimand.jpg
This is just a view of the driver side of the manifold. All sensors have
been installed: Air Charge Temp, Engine Coolant Temp, Instrument Panel Water
temp (separate sensor), with 2 open ports, one for boost reference and the
other to be closed off with a plug.

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/efimanp.jpg
Just the right side. The bungs were from Probe Industries as is the LARGE
fuel rails. The ful rails are held in place by a trick little bracker that
screws to the rail and hooks under the bung flange.

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/towbar2.jpg
These are the frame fittings for the long towbar which will be used to bring
the car bak up the return road. They attach to the frame horns with 2 - 3/8
grade 8 bolts each. When installed and the air dam in place all that will
show is the rod ends.

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/towbar1.jpg
This is the long tow bar I made. It has two pins on either side that when
the bar is placed over the rod ends of the car fittings the pins are pushed
in and pinned. Then the towbar is hokked to the trailer hitch on the truck
and off we go! I can sit in the truck in the air conditioned air!

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/decklid.jpg
This is some of that etching primer I sprayed onto the decklid. It is pretty
obvious that I put it on a tad too heavy...oh well. My body work didn't turn
out too badly...till you get up close LOL.

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/hood.jpg
Same general comments as above. Although the hood wasn't in bad shape like
the deck lid.

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/trunk2.jpg
This is the primed inside of the trunk. I think I should paint it some
contrasting color to the red and to the salt. Any ideas? Free beer or
Margarita at Senior Jones to the best suggestion. I will post all replies.

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/rcage2.jpg
This is just a view updating the fact that I now have helmet bars on the
cage. Just to keep my brain bucket from coming out. What color should I
paint the roll cage and supports? Same deal as trunk..fre beer to the best
suggestion. No Dave, you are not eligible...I can't afford it...

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/primer1.jpg
This is just a view of the car. I have one more coat of primer to apply and
lightly sand befor the color coats go on. Have I mentioned that I selected
Russo Red, a FOrd Color?

Well, that completes the mini update. I welcome any and all comments.

mayf, the red necked ignorant desert rat in PAH rump.