Re: Gano Radiator Filter Tip

To: ssage@socal.rr.com, "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gano Radiator Filter Tip
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:54:06 -0700
Steve,

Aside from the most active ingredient in "Bars leak" being fibers, which
caused your subsequent problems, the lack of annual corrosion protection
additive (the part of the anti-freeze that really matters in
California), the lack of a sacrificial anode to be eaten alive INSTEAD
of the aluminum intake manifold, and thermostat housing, and the the
copper core as the next best meals in town.  Magnesium rods or discs,
grounded to the chassis and hiding inside the radiator side tanks or
expansion tank should do the job.  This is cheap insurance, and units
that fit radiator caps for grounding used to be available from JC
Whitney (Warshaswsky's) , Chicago.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman