Reupholstery questions

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Reupholstery questions
From: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:18:57 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to all regarding the seat diaphram
installation.  It took WAY too much time and effort.
I agree with the comment that the replacements seem a
little too small.
NEXT HURDLE - I am about to glue the bottom seat cover
to the foam cushion.  Does the forward-most pleat
align with the top or bottom edge of the recessed
section of thje cushion?
Also, dry fitting, it seems like there will be too
much slack around the front edge of the seat.  Are you
supposed to put extra cotton batting in there
anywhere?  My seats were DPO recovered and are not a
good model to follow.

Thanks,

Chris

Hoping to be ready for the United.
One on the road, one in pieces -but making progress

http://sbc.yahoo.com