Re: Reupholstery questions

To: c_mottram@yahoo.com, alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Reupholstery questions
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 23:20:51 EDT
Chris,
I don't remember gluing the seat cover to the foam.  The foam creates enough
friction so that nothing has moved in 12 years of use.  Because I am long
legged, I wanted extra support under the thigh area.  I put extra rolled up
foam
over the metal frame in the front section and then put the molded seat foam
over that.  It raised the front of the cushion about 2 inches and it gives
extra
support in this area.  By doing this, mine fit  very tightly, but I've never
heard a complaint from any one of sloppiness from people who have done it
without the extra padding.
Mark L.