Concours

To: Tigers Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Concours
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:54:15 -0400
First,

Ken T., you know that '53 Vette has 'Ken's garage queen' written all
over it, but you'll have to fight me for it. Let the bidding war commence.

The concours issue is interesting. As you know, I just returned from the
United in Lake Tahoe. One of the controversial issues there was the rule
that oversize tire/wheel combinations moved the Tigers into modified
judging class. The reason  was that whatever tires and wheels you
autocrossed with were the wheels and tires you had to show the car with.

One of my Tiger friends questioned why they were now in a different
class for judging, presumably at a disadvantage to other modified cars.
Turns out they were awarded a plaque for modified class anyway because
the car was stunning and bloody well deserving of it.

I've been to some Tiger concours where the winners were very clear from
the start, and a handful of others where I had to go back and be a
little more  critical about how each car met the definitions outlined
for its class. It's usually not a matter of screws or rivets, but in the
case of stock and personalized, which car is less personalized.

Rande Bellman
B382000048