Re: Tiger Concours Judging - further clarification

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tiger Concours Judging - further clarification
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:52:45 -0400
Ok.  I started this mess.  The judging can obviously be whatever the
organization decides.  My only, and I highlight only, point is that there
should be consideration relative to a directive that there be a zero point
deduction for specific safety upgrades.  Obviously this went over like a lead
brick.  So be it.  Still, when my 1911 Moon (hypothetical car) shows up at any
meet, there is no deduction for safety glass and its expressed in the rules,
and anyone who has original glass in their car would not be looked at as
anything other than insane.  When my 1940 Cadillac (another hypothetical car)
shows up at Pebble Beach or Medowbrook, there is a directive that there be no
deduction for seat belts.  When my 1932 Bentley shows up for a sanctioned Mille
Miglia clone, they will not let it on the course in the proximity of other cars
if I am still running mechanical brakes.  Every sanctioning body makes express
exception for some safety issues (safety glass exception universal).  Tiger
judging sheets make no safety exceptions.  I only suggest that it be looked at
and if needed, acted upon.
Bob Nersesian