Re: AUTOMATIC TIGER/ALPINE(TIGPINE?) FOR SALE

To: "Tiger List E-mail" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: AUTOMATIC TIGER/ALPINE(TIGPINE?) FOR SALE
From: "Ed Esslinger" <edstiger@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:51:40 -0500
 Mayf  - I have no Idea who coined the term ALGER I don't think Rootes did.
During Rootes early testing of the Tiger, I've heard if the car was damaged
they would take all the Tiger parts off and put them on a different body. If
they used a modified Alpine body(as all Tigers started out) did Rootes make
the first ALGER?
No of course it has not been TACed. But my original Tiger that I purchased
new in 1964 has not been TACed . (Don't get me started on this.) Regards  Ed
Cool Cat Eddie ,1 S3 GT,3 S4's, 2 S5's, 2 MK1 Tigers