RE: Tiger Fan Shroud Mounting

To: "'Tom Witt'" <wittsend@jps.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tiger Fan Shroud Mounting
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:59:30 -0400
Tom
        The threaded pieces on my Tiger are steel and are spot welded in
place.   My Tiger had at least 2 front end accidents before I bought it so
the welds could be from the collision work.

        Another type of fastener would have either a serrated collar or a
crush collar and it would be pressed into a specified size hole.

        Put a magnet on the threaded pieces to see if they are steel or not.
Use a Dremel tool with cut off wheels to carefully remove them if you want
to reuse them.

Ron Fraser