Re: headlights type

To: Jim Boynton <jimboynton@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: headlights type
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:50:19 -0700
YUP!

I am using Hella H-4 Halogens with a flat face.  Nice. Installed high
brightness PIAA legal wattage "blue" knock-your-eye-out bulbs. Nicer.
 Need to watch current drain on over-legal wattage units and install
remote relay to handle new excess current, but legal ratings give much
more light at the same current  drain.

I Have the original Lucas, that still work,  for show. The "tripod"
lights were not the same year. Flat glass in 1954 on my Jag, and a few
years after Rootes closed for the curved surface, smaller diameter.
 Probably OK for H-4 PIAA lights, but the replaceable H-4 Hella's are a
lot nicer.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman