Tiger Pulley - Volvo fan

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tiger Pulley - Volvo fan
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:23:48 -0700
   My engine, a replacement 289, also has a replacement water pump with a
"standard" sized hub (5/8 shaft???). My pulley measures 5-7/8" O.D., 2-3/4"
front to back with a 1" hole. I assume this is a Tiger pulley???
  I also intended to install the Volvo fan, however, the center hole measures
1-1/8" and would seem to create a potential to wobble. Furture compounding the
problem is that the bolt hole spacing on the Volvo fan appear ever so slightly
too large or small (in either case the bolts won't thread in).
  I was under the assumption that the Volvo fan was a simple bolt in affair.
However, it seems even if you have the Tiger hub one would have to file the
bolt holes and then "hopefully" center the fan before tightening the bolts.
Could someone who uses the Volvo fan enlighten me.
Thanks, Tom Witt B9470101