Re: Cooling System Success at Last!

To: Kathy and Erich Coiner <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling System Success at Last!
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:05:56 -0700
Erich,

I don't know if you found it, or not, but Edelbrock makes a special high
performance aluminum water pump for the Hi-Po 289 which is the correct
"shorty" overall length for the Tiger, fits the 260 aluminum chain cover
design, and has high performance flow. There is a great section our
their web site (http://www.Edelbrock.com).

This is NOT an inexpensive pump, with high po impeller, and comes even
more expensive if you opt for the polished one. Just a thought, for
those who want the "very best".

This is hot linked in our TigersUnited.com "Online Resources", under
"Commercial Links, Performance Parts", and other categories for over 250
Tiger related sites..

 The hub will need pulling, reversing, and repressing to the original
Tiger distance from back to front (as Rootes had Ford do). The correct
offset is defined in the Rootes Tiger Workshop Manual, General
Specifications, in both the original and the TigersUnited.com pages, for
the same reason Rootes and you did it - to get the blades back far
enough from the radiator..

That Derale "symmetrical" fan spacing sounds like just the "ticket" for
those that want the feeling of being pursued by the cops, or the whine
of a powerful supercharger. (9-)

Glad to see you tried the lower valance sheet metal guide, and it is
working well for you. It did for me, and my pump was not changed.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman
Editor