T10 Transmission

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: T10 Transmission
From: "Wally Menke" <wallym@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:24:37 +1000
Hi Folks

I've just been pulling all the bits out of a second Tiger I have here and
found that the transmission that came with the car is not the original
Toploader but a T10. The bolt patttern looks like it will fit the standard
bell housing, but the tail housing looks a bit shorter than the stock Tiger
one. The speedo connection is on the rights side instead of the left.

The code cast on the side of the box is as follows:

T10B-1
W.G  DIY
W1
Serial number on tag: 30A-G-1

Can any of you Ford followers tell me what this is off?, and if it will fit
the Tiger?
I remember reading that the original early batch of Tigers had this
transmission?

Regards
Wally Menke
B9471793