Using The Crank To Start A Tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Alpine List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Using The Crank To Start A Tiger
From: Jane & Steve Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:16:48 -0700
I thought that would get your attention. Since I can't actually use the
crank hole in front to start a Tiger (I had to use a hand crank numerous
times with my now ex-Alpines), is there any reason I couldn't cut out
and remove that whole crank tube? Or does it keep the front valance from
rattling all over the place at speed? If that's the case, I guess I
could add a removable brace of some sort to keep the valance in place.

I want to remove that piece as I'm going to re-locate my A/C condenser
partially in front of the radiator (it's under the trunk now), where
I've concluded it has to be if my Tiger A/C is to really get cold in hot
weather. With that crank tube/brace out of the way, it opens up a lot
more possibilities as to how and where to locate the condenser, and an
auxilliary fan in front of it. I just want to make sure that if I do it,
the wheels won't fall off the car.

Steve Sage
1967 MK1A