RE: Using The Crank To Start A Tiger

To: Jane & Steve Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>, Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net>
Subject: RE: Using The Crank To Start A Tiger
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 08:20:30 -0600
Most cooling fans are optimized to push air in one direction. You can
make air flow the other way by running the motor in reverse, but
properly designed fan blades have an airfoil profile on them that is
much more efficient when they're run in the right direction. Some fans
may allow you to mount the blades the other way forward, and if you can
do that you're in good shape. I know that the Honda Civic fans I picked
up a few years back do not let you do this (not without modifying the
hub drastically anyway).

Theo