Re: Distributor gear hassles.

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Subject: Re: Distributor gear hassles.
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:00:51 -0700
Theo,
  Having looked at the "Cobralads" article I would think that before you
install ANY other distributor that you put some clay or like material under
the mounting surface of the distributor and see if there is any gap
(obviously you would want none). It might also be a good idea to do the same
with the oil pump shaft (where it slides in the distributor) as well (here
you would want to see some gap). A little powder often keeps the clay from
sticking and stretching the clay when seperating the two parts and altering
the reading. Of course use caution to keep either from falling into the
engine.
Tom Witt B9470101