Another Ride Height Question

To: <VegasLegal@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another Ride Height Question
From: Jane & Steve Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:41:07 -0700
Tom's question about correct ride height reminds me to ask about a
related question with my Tiger. The gaps between the top of the tires
and the bottom of the wheel arches are different on the left (driver's)
and right sides of the car. The front gaps are approximately 2" left
(driver's side) and 2 1/2" passenger side. The rear wheel gaps are
approximately 1" drivers side and 1 1/2 (maybe 1 3/4") passenger side.
I've always has a slight sensation of wanting to slide toward the door
when sitting in the passenger seat which may indicate the seat needs to
be re-done, or maybe that 1/2 to 3/4 height difference left to right is
contributing.The gaps should be the same on both sides of the car, right?

Could my Tiger being "height challenged", as they say these days, be
caused by the rear driver's side leaf spring needing to be re-arched,
and/or the front spring need replacement? I don't think shock absorbers
would affect ride height, or would they? They're old Spax adjustible
shocks, but appear to work properly and do not leak.

Steve Sage
1967 MK1A