Steering Column Cover

To: list tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering Column Cover
From: Dennis Clark <d-clark@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:03:55 -0700 (PDT)
Tigerers,

I am redoing the interior of my Tiger which was left
outside for 18 years before I got it. All the plastic
and soft stuff inside was damaged badly. I've gotten
new upholstery, dash, dash pads and carpets from
Sunbeam Specialties, but there's at least one thing he
doesn't have, the plastic steering column cover. My
old one is chipped and weather damaged to a rough
greyish-brown. I have the chips that were broken off.

My questions are:
1. Has anyone had luck in restoring an original
"finish" on this piece? I assume it was a shiny black.
2. Any recommendation of glue to use to put the chips
back on?
3. Anyone have a good one they want to sell?

Any help appreciated,

Dennis Clark
B382000611LRXFE